Lithuanian language is the mother tongue of approximately 3 million people in Lithuania and other countries. And this language belongs to the Baltic language group of the Indo-European language family. The only related language is Latvian, but they do not understand each other.
Littera Translation Agency presents different translation services into Lithuanian, which exactly you can read in the end of this article.
How Many People Speak Lithuanian
Lithuanian speakers reach 3,5 million in the world.
Did You Know That?
Lithuanian is considered as one of the oldest and purest Indo-European languages, which until today has retained its ancient form and has not been subjected to too much influence of external factors.
A Bit of History
The first texts in Lithuanian appeared in the 16th century – it was a translation of the Lord’s Prayer. At that time, the Lithuanian language was used only for religious texts and was very different from the modern Lithuanian language.
At the beginning of the 17th century, Lithuania came under the control of the Russian Empire, which impeded the development of the standard of the Lithuanian language. From 1866-1904, the Cyrillic alphabet was used in Lithuanian articles. However, Lithuanian books written in the Latin alphabet were secretly smuggled into the country from Germany.
The Lithuanian alphabet consists of 32 letters. Sounds are divided into short and long. It is the only official language in Lithuania, one of the official languages of the European Union (EU) since 2004.
Examples of Writing in Lithuanian:
Sveiki! – Hi!
Labas rytas! – Good morning!
Geras vakaras! – Good evening!
Taip – Yes
Ne – No
Ačiū! – Thanks!
Atsiprašau … – Sorry …
Aš nekalbu lietuviškai – I do not speak Lithuanian
Lithuanian Translation Services
Text translation into and from Lithuanian: when is it needed?
The service is relevant for processing:
- Private and corporate correspondence.
- Business and personal documents.
- Fiction and non-fiction.
- Graduation, term papers, research papers, etc.
Littera language service provider has been offering professional Lithuanian translation services for more than 10 years. Since this language is quite popular, a number of contractors provide text translation services from Lithuanian and into Lithuanian. And our agency is considered one of the best in Latvia. The Littera team includes both professional linguists and native speakers.
We translate sources of various content and purpose. In addition, we provide legalization services: notarization and Apostille.
A Lithuanian translator is available at the Littera Translation Agency upon your request. We have about 20 Lithuanian translators and proofreaders. You can look at the prices for Lithuanian translation services in the Prices for translations section.
Littera team can help you with the Lithuanian translation!
Our most frequently used Lithuanian translations:
- English – Lithuanian
- Norwegian – Lithuanian
- Swedish – Lithuanian
- German – Lithuanian
- French – Lithuanian
- Czech – Lithuanian
- Latvian – Lithuanian
- Finnish – Lithuanian
- Russian – Lithuanian
- Danish – Lithuanian
- Estonian – Lithuanian
Translation Services are Provided:
- certified translation English to Lithuanian
- Lithuanian translation to English
- Lithuanian translation to Latvian
- official translation Lithuanian to English
- certified Lithuanian to English translator
- translation of documents from English to Lithuanian
- English to Lithuanian translation services
- notarized translation Lithuanian to English
- localization of software into Lithuanian
- localization of games into Lithuanian
- localization of sites into Lithuanian
- editing into/from Lithuanian
- medical translation into/from Lithuanian
- translation of science into/from Lithuanian
- literature translation into/from Lithuanian
- translation of poetry into/from Lithuanian
- translation of books into/from Lithuanian
We guarantee full confidentiality of your documents because we work under NDA agreements (non- disclosure) with our translators and other suppliers. Clients are safe with us.