Text and document translation services
How to reduce translation costs or how to translate a text at the best price?
We explain how much it costs to order a text translation, where to find document translation services and how to do it at the best price. We are looking for the best possible option! Our tips for finding a translation agency and translator for those who want to translate as cheaply as possible.
In our opinion, the best option for cheap text translation is Google Translate, but it will only be suitable for private purposes, for example, to understand the meaning of the text, we will discuss this in more details at the end of the article. First of all, let’s find out how much a professional translation costs and how the price of text translation is formed.
How much does it cost to translate a text?
First, let’s look at how much it costs to translate a text from English into Latvian. Determining a specific translation price is difficult because the topics and types of text to be translated can be different.
You can read more about the types of translations in the article “What are the types of texts to be translated?”.
For example, there are translation agencies that deal with the translation of legal texts, just as there are agencies that deal with the translation of technical texts, so if you need to translate a legal text, you will definitely be able to do it cheaper in an agency that specializes in it, but to see it with the first time is almost impossible.
Each translation agency has its own price list, for example, translation from English into Latvian will not be expensive, because this combination of languages is common, so there are enough translators. It is therefore advisable to inquire about translation prices at different translation agencies.
How does the file type affect the translation price?
Did you know that the file type tend to increase the price of the translated text price, the cheapest file type will be Word documents. And if you have a file in PDF format, the price of your translated text will increase by up to 20-40%. Translating large texts is more profitable, as translation agencies often offer discounts for large texts.
What else affects the price of translation?
- There are traditionally expensive languages to translate, such as Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish. At the same time, there are also relatively inexpensive languages to translate in certain geographical areas, such as Russian, Ukrainian, and English.
- The fact that it is necessary to notarize the translation, if so, it creates additional costs.
Compare not only prices, but also language pairs.
Translate a text with a discount
Sometimes it is possible to encounter discount promotions from translation agencies.
- There are translation agencies where special promotions appear from time to time, within which it becomes especially advantageous to translate a text. Such campaigns usually take place in January.
- There are a lot of budget options when you get special offers when you sign up for news.
- Another way if you are planning to translate texts constantly and are looking for a translation agency.
You can sign a cooperation agreement and receive a special price. This type of cooperation is more suitable for legal entities.
What is important when working with translation agencies and how to choose a translation service provider?
Here are some criteria for finding the best translation agencies:
Online translation agency finder
Test translation request
1. Order and pay for translations online
Why is a translation agency more expensive? The reason is the human factor – cunning and dishonest employees in companies encourage the client to buy more expensive translation in every possible way. They basically do not want to sell cheap translations for 10, 20 euros – they do not have enough money for such transactions, they need more gold!
Where to look for cheap online translation agencies? Recommendation: Google, Yandex and Littera. All three options are reliable and easy to use. Choose the option that suits you best.
2. You are flexible in terms of deadlines and dates
Clients often have many restrictions on fixed translation deadlines. However, we recommend ordering a translation with a time reserve. However, try to order a translation with a time reserve. If the translator has to work at night, be prepared to pay extra for the speed. Timely translations will help you save money.
You can read more about how to order a translation online in this article: “How to order a translation online?”.
3. Pay attention to experience
If you have already chosen a translation agency, it is worth finding out how many years this translation agency has been operating in the field. This is important because professionalism comes with experience. Translation agency Littera has more than 10 years of experience in translation and many satisfied clients.
4. Test translation request
If you need to translate large amounts of text, we recommend that you request a translation test from a translation agency. Please note that the volume should not exceed 1 page, which is usually no more than 250 words.
What document translation services can be ordered in the agency?
- court document translation
- technical document translation services
- online document translation services
- certified legal translation services
- legalized translation
- online certified translation services
- medical document translation
- certified document translation services
- notary translation services
- official document translation services
- voice and text translation
- Russian to English document translation
- Spanish to English document translation
- certified translation Swedish to English
- Czech to English document translation
- Arabic to English document translation
Now you know the tips how to reduce translation costs and you will be able to independently, quickly and easily find a high-quality and profitable translation agency at the best price.