Сertified translation. For what purposes to order certified translation services?
In this article we will talk in detail about certified translation services or notarization and what documents can be notarized. This is one of the main ways to officially confirm the authenticity of documents. The information carrier gains legal force if it has the signature and seal of a notary. And this is an important condition when concluding business transactions, signing international treaties, solving migration issues …
If you need a translation of a document with notarization, then this is a complex of two services. The first is directly translating information from the original into the language you need. The second is authentication by a licensed notary. Such services can be ordered separately at a translation agency and a notary’s office. However, it is much simpler and more profitable to entrust the solution of this problem to professionals – the Littera translation team!
Translations with notary certification, certified translations, apostille
Very often, clients need notarized translations. Notarized translations with notary certification may be necessary for official and legal documents. For example, if a translation of a document needs to be presented to state institutions in Latvia or abroad, most likely that you also need notarization and / or apostille (legalization of the document).
Copies of documents that can be certified:
- driving licences
- letters from a government department
- bank/ statements
- gas, electricity bills
- letters from a hospital/doctor
Important! To order a certified translation, you need to submit the original document to the Littera Translation Agency.
When is needed a notarized document
There are many cases when a certified translation with a notary is required:
- Registration of inheritance abroad.
- Presentation of documents in state institutions of Latvia or other countries.
- The conclusion of international business contracts.
- Opening an enterprise abroad.
- Getting a loan or opening a bank account in another country, etc.
Accordingly, most often the notary certification is relevant for the following documents:
- Passport and birth certificate.
- Certificate of marriage or divorce.
- Driver’s license.
- Hospital discharge or sick leave.
- Power of attorney or certificate.
- Bank statement.
- Utility bills.
- Design and other corporate documentation.
When translating information into other languages, it is very important to perform it 100% correctly. Just one mistake (an incorrect character or even an inappropriate punctuation mark) – and the document loses its legal force, since it can no longer be considered a true copy of the original. Therefore, to solve this problem, we recommend that you contact only a specialized translation agency with a notary public.
How to certify documents?
There are options for a certified translation
- Certification to the original document. A translation certified by a translator and is sewn to your original document. A notary certifies its signature.
- Certification of a copy. A copy of the original translated by the translator into the appropriate language, it is copied from the original of your document. After that, the copy together with the translation is certified by a notary, but only, if the original document is submitted.
How to make a certified translation of documents
To order a translation of information into another language and its legalization, you just need to take a few simple steps:
- Submit an application to our agency online or by phone.
- Discuss with the manager all the details of the project.
- Provide original documents.
- Get certified translations and verify their authenticity.
We work under the contract and without it – as you wish. In the “Prices” section on our website, you can see the base price list for services. However, the price of translation and its notarization is always calculated on an individual basis, because it depends on the content of the document, its volume, urgency requirements and other parameters. The final price of the notarized translation will be reported to you by our manager after receiving the originals and carefully studying them.
3 reasons to apply to the translation agency “Littera”
When ordering translation services and legalization of documents with us, you get important advantages:
- Wide language arsenal. We translate texts into more than 80 languages of the world, including not only the popular English or German, but also the less common Vietnamese or Moldavian.
- Large selection of documents. We translate both a passport or birth certificate, and bank statements or corporate papers. We work with legal, medical, technical and other texts.
- Package of services. We translate the sources into the necessary languages, notarize them or make an apostille. We can also certify the copies of documents that you have provided with the originals. In addition, you can send documents from anywhere in the world by courier, and we will notarize them.
To notarize documents without arriving at the office, from anywhere in the world?
Many of our clients send their documents to our office for further translation and notarization. After completing the translation, we will confirm the translation with the client and certify it with a notary public. We will send the finished order by letter or by courier to the specified address.
Do you need a high-quality notarized translation in Riga or other world cities at an affordable price? Then immediately call the Littera Notary Translation Agency!
You can certify a document with a translation company stamp or notary.
There are some documents (for internal use) which need to be certified, but not fully. This means that it is not obligatory to certify a translation by a notary. Almost all Latvian institutions accept translations with certifications by a translation company or notary. In addition, we recommend to clarify what kind of certification is required in the relevant institution.
This depends on the volume and number of documents. If a document consists of 1-3 sheets, you can receive a notarized translation within 1 working day, if the document consists of 3-6 sheets – within 2-3 working days, but if a translation is needed to be ready early, the term can be agreed individually.
On average a standard A4 sheet consists of 250 words. You can easily count characters or words in Word document by choosing Tools -> Word Count or Statistics and Characters with spaces/words.